An expert panel explored recent developments in recognizing and addressing mass starvation. They looked at issues related to law, humanitarian response, protection, gender and sexual-based violence, and documenting and prosecuting starvation crimes. Cases from Yemen and Ethiopia were used to illustrate the current challenges and advances.
- Tom Dannenbaum, The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- Alex de Waal, World Peace Foundation at The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- Ali Jameel, Mwatana for Human Rights
- Dyan Mazurana, Feinstein International Center at the Friedman School and The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- Catriona Murdoch, Global Rights Compliance
- Bridget Conley, World Peace Foundation at the Fletcher School, Tufts University (moderator)