NewsBack To News
Dyan Mazurana reflects on gender mainstreaming in an eight year research project
The Secure Livelihoods Research Consortium (SLRC) worked to mainstream gender throughout the first phase of its research. Dyan Mazurana recently reflected on what went well, what didn’t, and what the Consortium has learned from the experience in an SLRC blog.
In the post, Dyan reflects on the following key learning:
- Leadership commitment and expertise matters.
- Country teams with strong, senior level gender expertise did the best gender research.
- Gender analysis needs to be non-negotiable.
- Ensure gender peer review for every working paper and report.
- Make delivering on gender mainstreaming everyone’s business.
- Building gender expertise in research teams is critical but time-consuming.
- For best results, go all in for gender mainstreaming research.
- Learn from missed opportunities.
Upcoming Events View All
The program will take place from 3:00 – 5:00pm and includes: Presentation of the report, available here (after December 5, 2018) Responses by the Boston humanitarian community Questions and discussion…Read More
Phone: (617) 636-3707